Thursday, April 7, 2011

That's what friends are for...

Hello Healthy Chasers!!

To kind of piggy-back on Elizabeth's recent blog post, I wanted to share my own personal experiences recently. I think it's good to share all of these things with each other because we are all doing this TOGETHER. I was recently reminded of this fact when I noticed the support being thrown around in the community (mainly via Twitter/Facebook) to help keep each other motivated. Even though I will be the first to admit that I don't like asking for help, it's great knowing that we have such a strong community that will be there to help no matter what.

As a known chocoholic, I have been prone to serious stress-eating that revolves mainly around, you guessed it, chocolate. We all have our stresses and issues that we go through on a daily, weekly, monthly basis, and for me, the last two weeks were no different. With lots going on at work and such, the last two weeks saw me not exercising as regularly and indulging in more than my occasional piece of chocolate (a whole bag of peanut butter cups, to be exact...no...not in one sitting...but even over the course of several days, that's SO many calories). So, I've been down on myself for basically falling off the wagon and cheating on my diet (and also feeling like I'm cheating on my gym). But I became inspired last night when I noticed a whole bunch of support being thrown around helping another Chaser stay motivated.

Knowing that we have that support, not only from this community, but from our other friends and family members, is such a great feeling. We have to constantly remind ourselves that we're not doing this alone. We have so many great people around us to support us. And another good thing to remind ourselves us is to ask questions. Sometimes I need to clarify with Elizabeth (or Google) what may or may not be healthy or a good choice. Constantly asking questions or even giving suggestions is what this Challenge is all about. Having a healthy lifestyle is something I've been trying to pursue for the past year or so, and I've slowly gotten better. I've been able to cut out things that I used to eat constantly and incorporate different routines on a daily basis so I know that I stay on the right path.

Basically, what I wanted to say is that I love knowing that if I (or any of us) fall off the Healthy Chaser Challenge, there are so many of us to help pick us up and set us back on that wagon. I love all of you and wanted to personally thank Elizabeth for coming up with this idea and allowing me to help and add my two-cents (as quirky and random as they are). As Seggie has mentioned on numerous occasions, summer is just a few months away, and I know that together, we can all continue on to our goals and be summer-ready in no time! :)

Love you all!!

Jillian

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jillian! Thanks for sharing. my cravings this week (as with every other week) is chips. i could eat a big bag a day, no joke. BUT with walking, i think how much harder i have to walk to combat that! LOL So i bought the snack bags and put them away where i cannot see them. That way if the craving gets too bad, i can indulge a little without jumping head first into chipville!

    But thanks for sharin, and to Elizabeth the other post, your cravings and 'falling" off that old wagon....we CAN do this together!!

    laura

    ReplyDelete