Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I. Love. Fruits!!!

Hey All! Jillian here!

So, this may be a bit random (and for those who know me well, know that random is how I roll), but I thought I would take a personal blog here to talk about what I've been doing exercise-wise and also some of my FAVORITE foods to be eating recently.

LET'S DO THIS!

Too much enthusiasm? My apologies...I've been eating a LOT of fruits and veggies lately and have added daily vitamins, which have definitely changed my attitude and given me LOTS of energy! <3

So I guess I'll start with my new love of fruits and veggies. I just have to tell you all about my awesome lunch/snacks that I packed for myself today. Can I tell you how it's such a habit now to throw in 2 fruits for snacks when packing my lunch now that we've been on this diet for a few weeks? There's something so comforting knowing that I have that apple or plum or banana or whatever I decide that morning in my bag for that sweet snack. You know me...I have a sweet tooth, so fruits are great for me. A guilty pleasure for me? Either for breakfast or lunch, cutting up fresh strawberries and adding it to Dannon's Light & Fit Nonfat Vanilla Yogurt. Delish!!! I'm also big on eating carrots. I love em. Carrot chips are so fun for some reason. I think it's the cut...reminds me of potato chips. Trust me, I love potato chips as much as the next person (mmm...Doritos...) but making that substitution is actually really filling! Plus I don't feel like a giant blob of grease after eating a whole bag of Herr's Kettle Cooked Potato Chips if I substitute them for carrots. Sorry...was the grease blob too much of a visual? I will move on.
I'm going to talk a bit about my exercising habits.

So last November, I decided that my lazy self needed to join a gym, so I signed up for my local Bally's and what do ya know? They had a discount for first time members on trainers! I couldn't pass up on this deal, so I was fortunate enough to have 12 sessions with Greg. Greg was awesome. I miss Greg. *sniff* I'm okay... Now, I understand that not all of us are able to afford a trainer, and let me tell you, if I hadn't gotten that deal, I never would have been able to either! But the main benefit that I got out of it was learning the different workouts that I normally wouldn't have learned on my own. Definitely changed how I work out and I am so grateful!

Now, my workout mainly consists of doing a minimum 3 cardio workouts a week along with a minimum 2 hours worth of Core/Muscle Training. For my own personal cardio workouts, I do 30 minutes minimum on the treadmill going at a constant speed. I've heard from friends and other workout plans that it can be extremely beneficial to vary your speed, but I like going that constant speed. This helps my endurance and after a few weeks, I was able to increase the speed bit by bit, so I'm now running much faster than I was back in November. This also helps me because sometimes my "Sunday Treat" is to go for a full hour on the treadmill and having that endurance of going at a constant speed helps me continue on that full hour. I love it. But I may be a bit of a freak...not everyone likes running. In fact...most people absolutely hate it. As Elizabeth commented (and I agree with), if you are just now beginning to exercise, start out by doing 30 minutes 3 times a week, but start at a walk. You can always build up to a run.

Now, I also do Core/Muscle Training which can get very specific and detailed, and I won't bore you all with. Basically, this training helps tone muscles and give you the shape you want. It's a lot of ab workouts, arm workouts (including backs and shoulders) and leg workouts. If anyone was interested in specific techniques, let me know and I can definitely post something weekly or even daily!

Wow...I'm a blabber. I'm so sorry. This is a horrible habit of mine. I'm trying to stop. But as you can see, it's tough! I mean, you can go on and on and on and just have so much to say that before you know it, you have all of these paragraphs and the longest blog ever. Wow...see!!! It happens!!!

I hope you all are having a great start to Week 3!! If anyone wants specific tips/suggestions, feel free to ask either Elizabeth or myself!!

<3
Jillian

No comments:

Post a Comment