Tuesday, March 15, 2011

More Q & A

Hi Everyone,
How was everyone's first and second days of the challenge? Questions? Concerns? Thoughts?
There were a few more questions that we didn't have a chance to answer yesterday so I thought I'd answer them for everyone today. You all have great questions so keep them coming - they are incredibly helpful to me and to your fellow Chasers.

 Question:  If I have a clementine for a snack, should I eat two small clementines? Oranges were on the list of fruit snack choices, but clementines were not. 
Elizabeth's Answer: Great question!!! If ever there is a doubt about a particular food, especially fruits which have varying amounts of sugar, you can look up the nutritional information and compare it to an item which is included in the Meal Plan.  The person asking the question found out that eating 2 clementines doesn't equal the amount of calories and sugar that is in an orange and was able to answer her own question and can tackle questions like this in the future! 

Question: What if I'm not a fan of breakfast foods in general? What if eating breakfast early in the morning makes me feel nauseous? Is it ok to use the high protein Boost as a meal replacement for breakfast?
Elizabeth's Answer: It is definitely ok to use the hp Boost as a breakfast meal replacement. I think the most important thing is that you eat something for breakfast and starting the day with a protein is even better. 

Question:  May I add a small amount of protein (60 cals) to the snack? (Snacks are currently 2 fruits)
Elizabeth's Answer: I think this is fine. Maybe something like a low-fat String Cheese, wedge of Laughing Cow Lite Cheese or a Tbsp. of Peanut or Almond Butter with an apple or pear.

Question:  Is a sweet potato an acceptable substitution for a regular potato?  Oh, and are greenbeans not allowed? 
Elizabeth's Answer: I felt terrible when I read this question because sweet potato and greenbeans are two of my favorite foods! I didn't write the diet but I should have noticed these omissions! A sweet potato is even better than a white/yellow potato and greenbeans are definitely allowed - I think they are unlimited!


I'm off to watch the Biggest Loser - If you haven't ever watched it there are lots of interesting weight loss and diet modification tips in addition to a tremendous amount of inspiration to be gained from this show. 

This is a crazy week for me but I hope to be back later with another posting!
Yours in good health, 
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment